LCPC (licensed clinical professional counselor) or LGPC (licensed graduate professional counselor)
Position Summary: Passionate Behavioral Health Center is looking for LCPC or LGPC who can work with individuals and groups to promote optimum mental and emotional health. This entails helping individuals deal with issues associated with addictions and substance abuse, family, parenting, and marital problems; stress management; self-esteem; and aging.
• Assessing mental health conditions and disorders
• Providing psychotherapy, which is therapy based on the workings of the mind rather than on medical approaches
• Suggesting courses of treatment, help adjust them as necessary and review results
• Helping to manage crises, like suicide attempts, war or other traumas.
• Providing counseling to a wide variety of groups
• Performing research and evaluations to gather data, inform decision-making or assist larger groups or communities in making positive change
• Helping people improve their lives, careers and family situations
• Helping parents revamp their homes and lifestyles to regain control of children who may have been removed by the state
• Creating safe social and cultural communities in which children, adolescents, adults and the elderly can take part.
• Perform supervision to other employees as needed (this is applicable only to LCPC Supervisors)
• Develop and put treatment plans in place
• Perform psychosocial assessments as needed and refer to other programs within the center.
• Consult with doctors, therapists and medical professionals
• Part time maintain a caseload of 10 minimum and Full time maintain a caseload of 20 minimum
• Able to maintain records, proper filing system and review consumers billing.
• Work well with other members of health care teams, including doctors, nurses, specialists, psychologists and social workers
• Ability to make psychosocial assessments and develop and implement viable care plans
• Ability to do Treatment Plans
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Experience with EHRs
• Ability to provide after-hours service as needed
Education / Qualifications
• A master’s degree in counseling from an accredited institution.
• Continuing education to maintain licensure in the following years.
• Adherence to a code of ethics, as established by the Maryland BOPC.
• Minimum of two years’ experience as a Counselor.
• Valid current LCPC or LGPC license
• CPR Certified
• Valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to meet and maintain current Maryland BOPC credentialing and privileging requirements.